Pages

1.23.2007

Mmm Mmm Good!!!


Needless to say I missed out on Soup Swap Day. Why? Because until 5 minutes ago I didn't realize there WAS such a thing as Soup Swap Day. Coincidentally the temperatures dropped below 0C here and we just got our first snow of the season. Also rather coincidentally I started a large pot of hawayedge* chicken soup today (on hold til I have time to buy potatoes tomorrow).

I think I will be implementing a swap of my own QUITE soon. Kiriel...more of that fantastic Thai Pumpkin soup? Leave me a message, or drop me an email and let me know if you are interested. Thanks to NotMartha for the heads up. For more information also read a review of the Seattle soup swap here


*Hawayedge is a mix of spices (originally from Yemen) made with black pepper, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, and coriander and perhaps a few other choice spices. Cheers to Ilana's Blog for having the list of secret ingredients.

Lastly a quick note, the above image is from Worth 1000, one truly groovy site. And a lifesaver when you have no photo posting ability!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck organzing a soup in obviously FREEZING Switzerland. It is about time you had some winter though, isn't it?

If you do indeed pull of a swap this year, do let us know at www.soupswap.com as we'd love to get some pictures up, to help inspire future soup swaps.

Thanks for the mention!

aka Rachel said...

Hi there. Let you know as soon as I get it up and running. And I suppose we were long overdue for some winter but I really liked my lakeside picnic last weekend ;) Cheers and good luck with future swaps.