Pages

11.13.2010

Is this Heaven?

No, it's Target!
Yes, Target is carrying America's new 'IT' dessert. And I have to tell you, I was kinda thrilled to see them there. After being back in the States for almost 3 years I've missed all of my little European treats.

According to NPR's All Things Considered, chow.com, and the Times of London this sweet little French confection will soon be toppling cupcakes from the top of the trendy treats tower. And the Times is not shy to tell you why this is a blow to macaron enthusiasts everywhere.

I've been to Paris. I've had macarons from the Master (Pierre Herme). I can see where the Times is coming from....they state that Starbucks, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's (I didn't see them at Des Moines' newly opened venue) and even McDonald's in Paris (a McAroon if you will) are carrying them. In an effort to fight back mediocrity in the sweet treat department Pierre Herme will be releasing a cook book entailing his 30 years of creativity and techniques. What do you think? Will you go out and try to make them for yourselves? Or go grab some at your local Tar-zhay?


No comments: